Monday, July 20, 2009

Beach Bums!

We just got back from a week-long Rogers' Family Reunion in Oceanside, CA on Friday. I think a good way to sum it up would be with Danika's question she asked during our drive home,
Danika: "Where are we going now?"
Mom: "Home."
Danika: "Then in the morning can we go to the beach again?" :)

I think we'd all love to go back. And to Debbie's parents- a big THANK YOU! We had a lot of fun at the beachhouse- being at the ocean & with family-- although I still expect to keep my siblings up all night talking sometime soon, since I didn't get to there (you old fogies go to sleep too early!)!! he he he!
But we still had fun together during the day... Here's a sample of our fun...

(Danika & cousin Isaac)

Harrison played in the sand a lot- He even did 'sand angels'- laying on his tummy - because he loved the feel of the smooth sand so much! He just kept laying down to feel it!

3 Sisters boogie boarding together!
(left to right: Liz, Kathy & Debbie)
Boogie boarding's especially fun when 2 sisters aim at the 3rd sister trapped inbetween them-- Kathy almost got nailed by my board! If you can see Liz & I close up- we were laughing SO hard! LOL Forever!!!!

Jacqueline & Danika helping Cameron search for sand crabs (Cameron found lots, the girls made sure they never did! They made some cute mud cookies though!)

Who's that hunk boogie boardin'?!

Ryan, of course! :) He enjoyed having time to grow his goatee during the time off work- Debbie enjoyed it, too! (The night before returning to work, he shaved it off in parts- I'm gladhe doesn't keep a moustache! I should've taken pictures... next time!)

We had a great view from the beachhouse, and had fun watching the different pods of dolphins & orca whales that swam by. I don't even know which this is- I'll make you figure it out! The kids even found a pirate treasure map in a bottle that had washed up on the beach with the waves. (Can you believe they found one 2 years ago, too?! What are the chances?!) :)

They had a blast running up & down the beach, searching for the next clue-

- and of course looting the treasure box after they dug it up!

Yep, lots of fun!

Harrison liked picking up the rocks on the beach, then throwing them into the ocean. We liked seeing the cute baby footprints he left behind...

17 comments:

Kathy C said...

Great pictures! That really was a fun week. I still can't believe we never even made it up past midnight. We're pathetic... =)

Can't wait to see the rest of your pics. Bring 'em over here and we can load them from my computer! Or, better yet, just break down and get high speed internet, will ya?!

Oh, and P.S.... Don't you dare!!!

Kathy C said...

P.P.S. I especially loved Danika's comment. I feel the same way!

Kathy C said...

P.P.P.S. How do you make your pictures so you can't click on them to make them bigger? I hate that you can do that on my blog.

Kathy C said...

P.P.P.P.S. Are you enjoying all my comments? :)

Kathy C said...

P.P.P.PPPPPPPPPPPPP.S. You are SO dead! Dead, dead, dead!!!

April Gould said...

Looks like a blast! I love the beach!

Kathy C said...

Cool new pictures! How do you add them at the bottom? I can only get them to add at the top of my posts. Please teach me, oh wise blogging guru. (And please take off that crappy picture of me!!!)

Debbie said...

My pictures all go automatically to the top, too. OK, so here's what you have to do to move them- listen carefully-- it's so complicated- you: click, and drag. I know, pretty tough; good luck. And by the way, that picture's blackmail. I'll remove mine if you remove yours!

Debbie said...

...AND you have to add me (& Liz too) to your list of bloggers. Just 'cause we're you're sisters doesn't mean we can't make your A-List.
& while you're at it, you can wash & vacuum out my car, plan my sharing times for me for the rest of the year, & clip my toenails! ;)

Kathy C said...

Oh, we just think we're so funny, don't we? :) You know I can't link you until you take that nasty picture of me off. At least you look cute sleeping.
Okay, I'll take mine off if you'll take yours off. Deal? And thanks for the tips. I can see you just totally cracking yourself up while you were typing that. I think with practice I should be able to get it down though... Punk.

Kathy C said...

Thank you! We can be friends now. You should make the A-list by tonight. Count yourself lucky... it's a very elite group, you know.

(Anyone else who is reading these comments is going to think we're both nuts.)

Gwyn said...

Wow! Ryan got some awesome photo shots. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed being together & had fun at the beach. I wondered how deb had 11 comments already--but after seeing that Kathy wrote 2/3 of them, I understand now. I don't know how you girls find time to blog, but I sure enjoy looking at them.

Kathy C said...

I like your blog a whole lot better now too! I saw that you got another comment, so I thought I should leave one too... just to make sure I keep a majority on here. =)

As I was waiting for the comment box to load, I rested my chin on my hand and I totally fell asleep! I think it's time for bed!

Scott & Annedria said...

Debbie, I'm so excited you found me!! I have been thinking about you latley and what your family is up to. So fun to read your blog, and your kids are darling. We need to get together!!
Annedria

DandE Family said...

Debbie, I am so glad that you saw me from Annedria's blog, and that you mentioned something on my blog. I am excited to know that we can keep in touch with our families this way. Your kids are growing up so cute!
Edie

Kathy C said...

Mom brought the picture CD from Ryan over. THANK YOU!!! The kids and I loved it and had so much fun watching the slideshow he made (twice already). Good choice on the music, BTW! I can't get the other files on there to open though. Is there just a slideshow on there or did you guys put separate pictures too? I know you like to teach me how to do things, so let me know if I should click and drag anything.... ;)

Kathy C said...

Hey, Debbarooni! We can't WAIT to see what you're going to post next, now that you have REAL internet!!! Congratulations on your high-speed! Can't wait to be able to send you pictures now!