Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ward Campout


We went to our ward campout on Sept. 11th. It was up by Payson, so a little cooler out. (it's still over 100 degrees here in Mesa, so it was nice for a mini break from the heat!) We were just there one night, but it was still plenty of time for the kids to pack in lots of playing & exploring!
As we're setting up camp, we notice this bright 'thing' in the sky. I was stumped- it was nothing like the shape of the moon, or even partial-moon, it was too early for a star (& way brighter than a star), it was like a little mystery! Then comes my hero with his trusty camera, snaps a photo & zooms in to this picture- now we're guessing a weather balloon. I never really knew what they look like, or that they glow bright white! But it was up way too high for a normal hot-air balloon. What do you think? Hm...I think I'm getting good at posting mystery pictures! Seems like one on each trip!

Jacqueline's dressed for the day, Sept. 11th
I love this picture, I know it's dark, but it's totally Cameron being the sweet big brother!Cameron always wants to be so careful to make sure Harrison's not hurt. Even yesterday Harrison was trying to get into the piano keys, lifting the heavy wooden cover on them, so Cameron stood there so long holding it down! I told him he didn't have to, but he told me he didn't mind standing there forever holding it, because he was afraid Harrison would squish his fingers if he did lift it up. He's so sweet!
In this picture, it was Harrison's first time seeing the horse that was there (it's not in the picture,
but the boys are looking at it)... it totally shows so much of Cameron's relationship with Harrison...

The next morning, Harrison wasn't quite as hesitant.
This is how Harrison greets everyone... er... everything... "Hi!"
Just ignore the fact that he's wearing his jammies on top of his jeans! I had a crazy busy couple days before the campout, so I spent a whole 5ish minutes packing. Needless to say we didn't have any coats with us, or any long sleeves! So, jammies worked, even as a layer on top of jeans! Hey, there's a first time for everything! Maybe Harrison's fashion will start a new trend!

Harrison having a conversation with... a horse.
Danika liked searching for pretty flowers. ...I should've gotten a picture of her crying at the port-a-potty- that was a new thing for her that she definitely didn't like!!! Daddy giving Harrison a lift during our walk
The timing for this kiddie train was perfect- they started right when Ryan & I were beginning to pack up the tent & everything- so it was nice that the kids were entertained! (too bad Harrison was scared of riding it.)

I feel very lucky that Ryan's into photography- Call me biased, but I think he takes some great pictures!

4 comments:

Gwyn said...

I agree--Ryan takes great photos! You sure have the cutest kids! But where are the photos of YOU, Debbie?

Kathy C said...

What great photos! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time, lack of coats and all!

I say it's a UFO...

Dizzy Lizzy said...

Ryan's pictures rock! Like you told me Deb, it should be a rule not to post without pictures. Well, yours are the best! Too bad you didn't get a shot of Danika whining about the port a potty, that would have been my second favorite - after the ones of Harrison with the horse. So cute!

DOD said...

We saw the UFO from our house in Mesa. I got my binoculars and determined that it was a gas (helium) balloon moving across the sky at a HIGH altitude. We could plainly see the gondola hanging below it. Was a great sight for awhile--very reflective in the afternoon and evening sun, especially visible after the sun went down from our location but was still shedding light on the balloon making it seem that it was blazing with internal light. I'm glad you saw it also.